Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Photos of a Forgotten London

Sorry I've been away - it's been an overwhelming month with too much to do. But I haven't forgotten Londonholic; indeed, one of my projects is pulling some finances together so I can visit London later this year - after the Olympics. So wish me luck! For now, I'd like to recommend another blog, DISCOVERING LONDON, which, in this post, shows us some photographs from 1901 of the area in London where Aldwych and Kingsway were developed. Here's a photo of what it looks like now, which is basically your typical residential London neighborhood.
The pictures over at Discovering London are really remarkable - not only do they chronicle a lost era of London, the photographs themselves are stunning. This looks like a wonderful blog and I plan on visiting it regularly from now on. Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment